There are many reasons why Liberia is the place to visit and invest, let us highlight some of them…
- A peaceful and stable political environment that is conductive for business growth.
- Direct international flights from Europe, USA and Asia.
- Strategic location of the country:
- Sea ports as gateway to the West African sub-region,
- Potential for tourism (With 579 km of coastline, Liberia has the longest coast in West Africa).
- Liberia is ready for new investment opportunities:
- The Government of Liberia offers a wide range of investment incentives and strong legal protection to all existing and would-be investors.
- Open-door policy to almost all business ventures and a free enterprise system.
- A non-discriminatory policy towards local and foreign investors.
- Liberian Investment laws are globaly competitive.
- Assistance in obtaining land selected by the investor on a long-term lease (for the purposes of industrial, agricultural and real estate development).
- An abundance of natural resources, among others iron ore, timber, gold, diamonds.
- An ideal climate for agriculture – coffee, cocoa, rice, palm oil, raw timber, rubber and many more.
- Enterprises in agricultural sector shall be entitled to 100% allowable benefits.
- Many of Liberia’s exports qualify for duty-free access to international markets.
- Skilled and manual labor is readily available at an economical pay scale.
- Liberia is home to the major international companies (Firestone, Mittal Steel, SIME Darby, etc).
Located on the western tip of Africa, the Republic of Liberia is blessed with an abundance of natural resources which include iron ore, timber, diamonds and gold, among others and the climate in Liberia is ideal for agriculture.
Since 2006, Liberia is under the leadership of President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, and is fast becoming a post-conflict success of rules, laws and development. Liberia now boasts a stable and peaceful political environment that is conducive for business growth. The country enlists an open-door policy to almost all business ventures imaginable.
- Official name: Republic of Liberia
- Capital (and largest city): Monrovia
- Location: The Atlantic coast of West Africa, bordering Sierra Leone, Guinea, and Côte d’Ivoire; lies between latitudes 4°and 9°N, and longitudes 7° and 12°W.
- Surface area: 111,370 sq km, of which land is 96,320 sq km
- Climate: Tropical. Dry season November to April. Wet season May to October.
- Temperature range: 20-30°C (68-86°F)
- Time zone: Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Establishment: Established by the American Colonization Society in 1822
- Independence: 26 July 1847
- Government: Unitary presidental constitutional republic
- President: George M. Weah
- Vice President: Jewel Howard Taylor
- Population: 3.955 million (2009)
- Official Language: English (spoken by 90percent of the population)
- Currency: The Liberian dollar is the official currency. However, the US dollar is also an accepted legal tender in Liberia and transactions may be denominated in US dollars.
- GDP (PPP), 2012 estimate:
- Total $2.675 billion
- Per capita $672